Why soak nuts, grains & seeds?
- 1. To remove or reduce phytic acid.
- 2. To remove or reduce tannins.
- 3. To neutralize the enzyme inhibitors.
- 4. To encourage the production of beneficial enzymes.
- 5. To increase the amounts of vitamins, especially B vitamins.
- 6. To break down gluten and make digestion easier.
- 7. To make the proteins more readily available for absorption.
- 8. To prevent mineral deficiencies and bone loss.
- 9. To help neutralize toxins in the colon and keep the colon clean.
- 10. To prevent many health diseases and conditions.
Copy and paste this into a new tab to read more; its pretty awesome insight:
http:// foodmatters.tv/articles-1/the-benefits-of-soaking-nuts-and-seeds (just back space the "f" in foodmatters..." one space to get it to go).
I am sharing this info with you even thought the blokes over at Food Matters haven't yet found out about the benefits of a nurturing atmosphere on soaking...they will. But until they do, you will know! So use your Vitality Glassware well and SOAK your NUTS (and seeds).
We love ya!